Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How do I reset the Change Oil light for a 2001 Chevy Impala?

I changed the Oil in my car but I can't find my owners manual to get the code for resetting my Change Oil light.How do I reset the Change Oil light for a 2001 Chevy Impala?
I know for a bunch of Chevrolet vehicles (My Silverado's and Sierra's) you turn the key on (don't start it) and push the accelerator to the floor and back 3 times and it should go out. When in doubt, just keep pushing it to the floor and back repeatedly, but don't do it too fast, just down and up, down and up a few times. When it resets, it will flash a few times and then go out.How do I reset the Change Oil light for a 2001 Chevy Impala?
Instructions are in the car's manual.
RTFM
Go into the vehicle settings with the radio controls. With the key turned to ACC, hold DISP on the radio for about 6 seconds and it should go into settings mode. Press DISP until you see oil life in all caps, then use Prev. %26amp; Next to scroll to reset oil life mon., then push DISP again. you should here a beep and the display should read Done. Scroll to Exit and press DISP again.

No comments:

Post a Comment